Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

Best Supporting Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Andrew D
Diet Teridax
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the Best Supporting Actor discussion here in Part 2.

Harmon Van deth
    Participant
    Topics:

For Golden Globes:

• Mahershala Ali, Green Book
    • Timothee Chalamet, Beautiful Boy
    • Sam Elliott, A Star Is Born
    • Richard E. Grant, Can You Ever Forgive Me?

Can’t decide on a fifth. Options would be:

• Michael B. Jordan, Black Panther
    • Hugh Grant, Paddington 2
    • John Krasinski, A Quiet Place
    • Adam Driver, Blackkklansman
    • Nicholas Hoult, The Favourite

ReplyCopy URL
    nicholas27
    Participant
    Topics:

For the Globes, I think the fifth slot will go to Jordan who is easily the best part of that movie, which will get into drama. I don’t think Hoult has quite enough yet (although I think he’s a dark horse for the Oscars), and although Driver wouldn’t shock me, I‘m predicting a BlacKkKlansman shut out. Krasinski is much more likely in director. This sudden development for him here is bizarre. Grant is 7th place behind Driver rn for me because the movie came out so long ago

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Sam Elliot is still gonna happen even if he got snubbed in GG.

OUT for sure: Steve Carell ,Michael B Jordan

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Sam Elliot is still gonna happen even if he got snubbed in GG. OUT for sure: Steve Carell ,Michael B Jordan

Yeah Jordan would have needed to pop up here IMO. A shame for Carell considering he had three different projects this year.

I wonder how Elliott will do from here on out.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Sam Elliot’s snub at the Globes today may work in his favor at the Oscars, and the films chances as a whole. It reminds me when La La Land swept the Globes, then faced backlash and ultimately lost Best Picture. Though I think ASIB will win a few Globes, I don’t think it will sweep, which will then help its Oscar chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    marchingwizard
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Sam Elliot’s snub at the Globes today may work in his favor at the Oscars, and the films chances as a whole. It reminds me when La La Land swept the Globes, then faced backlash and ultimately lost Best Picture. Though I think ASIB will win a few Globes, I don’t think it will sweep, which will then help its Oscar chances.

Agreed. The sweep of La La Land created a high level of expectation for people who go see the film, and then when they realise it’s not as good as they thought, they would just not vote for the film…

ReplyCopy URL
    stephs919
    Participant
    Topics:

For me things are pretty clear in this category: Mahershala, Chalamet, Driver, Grant, Eliott. The most vulnerable one is Eliott, if he doesn’t get a SAG nomination then Rockwell gets in. Jordan or Carell is nonsense.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Ali, Chalamet, Driver or Elliott, Grant and Rockwell will be the Oscar nominees – Ali will be the winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Rockwell misses SAG because due to late screeners, but ultimately him and Elliott still show up at Oscars over one of the younger fellas.

Also, Hoult will totally get in at BAFTA.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  MrGoodWood.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Yeah Jordan would have needed to pop up here IMO. A shame for Carell considering he had three different projects this year. I wonder how Elliott will do from here on out.

</p>
    Carell is crying at home. He might have thought he had huge chances of getting nominated in August, but now…..

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

IF Hoult manages to get in at SAG, he is totally getting in at the Oscars

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Currently, I have Driver, Grant, and Ali as locks. I am not so sure about Chalamet TBH. I need to see him hit SAG to be more confident about his chances, and even then I’ll not put it above the Academy to snub him (his film his zero support, he is really young and he’s not an established Academy magnet like Streep or Octavia Spencer yet).

The Elliot snub is troubling. I was sure that he would easily get in at the Globes – maybe even win – so I’m honestly not so sure about his chances, especially since many people say he has very little screen time.

Rockwell getting the Globe nod is really surprising since I had heard he had very little to do in Vice. And then there is Hoult, who is severely being underestimated. I know he missed at the Globes, but I can see the Actor’s branch just fully embrace the Favourite.

Current Predix:
    1. Ali
    2. Grant
    3. Driver
    —–
    4. Chalamet
    —–
    5. Elliot/Rockwell/Hoult

ReplyCopy URL
    LangeWeaver2
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone else think Adam Driver is being at least slightly overrated for his performance in BlacKKKlansman?  Did I miss something?  He had one great scene, but otherwise he was just good.  I will not be happy if Driver gets in over Chalamet or Elliot at SAG and Oscars.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  LangeWeaver2.
    ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Ali, Chalamet and Grant are the locks; there are two slots open. I think only 3 actors are competing for those 2 slots: Driver, Elliott and Rockwell. Hoping the GG five will be the Oscars five. SAG will likely nominate one out of nowhere actor, like they did last year with Steve Carell for Battles of the Sexes.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.