Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 279 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Diet Teridax
willd
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Place your reactions to the 2019 Golden Globes film nominations in this thread. The best ones might be featured in an article on our home page on Thursday.

CitizenBlake
    Participant
    Topics:

Who in particular will read out the nominations and what time?

Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

what time?

in 11.5 hours

Dan Jo Galicia
    Participant
    Topics:

Terry Crews, Danai Gurira, Leslie Mann and Christian Slater will read out the nominees.

unbb24
    Participant
    Topics:

If you guys have an FB account, you can go to the Golden Globes’ FB page and set reminder for the live nomination announcement video.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Time to log my first predictions. Hopefully deliberately not giving myself the chance to overthink things improves my accuracy. You will know that my strategy was a bust if I do not post about my score tomorrow.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Time to log my first predictions. Hopefully deliberately not giving myself the chance to overthink things improves my accuracy.

It usually does. I remember on the morning of the Emmy bids, I just put in some crazy predictions, and look what happened: I ended up in 2nd place!

I just moved around 500 things on both the TV and Movie side. How much you want to bet that my original picks will actually be nominated.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

CitizenBlake
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone here think there’s a chance that Bohemian Rhapsody is snubbed? If so, why?

KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

I think there is only a 10% chance Bohemian Rhapsody is snubbed by the Globes.

Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I think there is only a 10% chance Bohemian Rhapsody is snubbed by the Globes.

For Best Picture?! Just to clarify. I think it maxes out at Picture and Malek.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I am prepared for my prediction accuracy to be like 30%

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone here think there’s a chance that Bohemian Rhapsody is snubbed? If so, why?

It is getting snubbed.

Since the expansion of the Oscar Best Picture lineup 9 years ago, only 4 films have received Best Picture – Drama nominations at the Golden Globes and did not receive a Best Picture Oscar nomination in the end.

2011: Ides Of March
    2013: Rush
    2014: Foxcatcher
    2015: Carol

The Drama Globe category is a prestigious one. No way in hell will they nominate TWO films (Bohemian Rhapsody and A QUIET PLACE) that have no chance in hell to get Best Picture nominations at the Oscars.

No way.

Ain’t happening.

MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be so confident in saying that Bohemian Rhapsody won’t get a BP nod at the Oscars

Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be so confident in saying that Bohemian Rhapsody won’t get a BP nod at the Oscars

Critical reception was too polarized and audience scores… don’t be fooled by those, I’ve talked to PLENTY of non-critic people who didn’t think it was that great. Even my 1 friend who really liked it admitted that they only liked it for the Queen music.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

Critical reception was too polarized and audience scores… don’t be fooled by those, I’ve talked to PLENTY of non-critic people who didn’t think it was that great. Even my 1 friend who really liked it admitted that they only liked it for the Queen music.

No disrespect, but I believe the numbers more than your friends 😀 Bohemian Rhapsody is the most talked about movie of the last few months, it made tons of money, it is getting a couple of other nominations including Best Actor.
    That really should be enough to at least consider it getting into the BP line-up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 279 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2019 Film Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.