Home Forums Movies Golden Globes 2019 Post-Show Reactions (Part 2)

Golden Globes 2019 Post-Show Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 130 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Honey
Seven
O´Hara
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Place your reactions to the Golden Globes 2019 ceremony in Part 2.

Heart of Cinema
    Participant
    Topics:

Very happy with the chosen winners.  Well done HFP!

ReplyCopy URL
    aahoto
    Participant
    Topics:

Poor Amy Adams. I wonder what happened there? I thought for sure she has BSA in the bag after losing on the TV side.

ReplyCopy URL
    Noah Arlington
    Participant
    Topics:

Question: Does Bryan Singer still receive a Golden Globe due to him still having main credit for the film?

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Congratulations to Glenn Close, Rami Malik, Olivia Coleman, Regina King, Alfonso Cuarón and Spider-Man Into the Spider Verse!

Barf at Green Book and Mahershawala Ali!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  JustGuy89.
    ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Question: Does Bryan Singer still receive a Golden Globe due to him still having main credit for the film?

No, not since he wasn’t an executive producer, thank god. But even if he was, that wouldn’t have stopped them from giving it to the film apparently.

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

I am still really shocked that I came 10th. But super happy!!

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

I think ASIB was vulnerable the moment it was snubbed for Elliot, Screenplay and Score. So I predicted Close (legendary movie star) and Malik (in a movie that was overperforming everywhere) to win over Gaga and Cooper. I guess few people predicted Close to actually win. I’ll be shocked if either of these don’t win the Oscars now, especially Close after that amazing speech.

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Also I don’t think Ali is winning the Oscar. I predicted him here because the HFPA clearly loved Green Book and because Ali didn’t win for Moonlight so he was overdue – both of which I don’t think will be factors for the Oscars.

And Ali having won before will be too big a hurdle for him to overcome against Grant, who I think takes the SAG on his way to the Oscars. It’s not like 2012, when Waltz was in an all-winner category.

Regina King winning is so amazing. I never lost faith in her despite her SAG snub. She is coming for that Oscar!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Aameson
    Participant
    Topics:

Thoughts on the show ok.. I won’t be watching again next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vuitton
    Participant
    Topics:

Poor Amy Adams. I wonder what happened there? I thought for sure she has BSA in the bag after losing on the TV side.

Like I said in the BSA thread, I actually think having won Golden Globe twice already in such a short amount of time hurdled her chances. Had she won one — much less two — she would be a 3 or 4 time Golden Globe winner in just 5 years. That is a crazy stat.

People say there isn’t passion for her but she was trending on Twitter when she didn’t win.

The Oscars will be a bit different because she will be considered overdue there, whereas there is no urgency to reward her for a third Globe. The true test will be SAG.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Also I don’t think Ali is winning the Oscar. I predicted him here because the HFPA clearly loved Green Book and because Ali didn’t win for Moonlight so he was overdue – both of which I don’t think will be factors for the Oscars.

And Ali having won before will be too big a hurdle for him to overcome against Grant, who I think takes the SAG on his way to the Oscars. It’s not like 2012, when Waltz was in an all-winner category.

Regina King winning is so amazing. I never lost faith in her despite her SAG snub. She is coming for that Oscar!!

I agree with you on everything except for Mahersala Ali. I think he will win SAG and then Oscar. Time will tell!

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Like I said in the BSA thread, I actually think having won Golden Globe twice already in such a short amount of time hurdled her chances. Had she won one — much less two — she would be a 3 or 4 time Golden Globe winner in just 5 years. That is a crazy stat.

They awarded Jennifer Lawrence 3 Globes in 4 years, so I don’t think this is the case here.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

They awarded Jennifer Lawrence 3 Globes in 4 years, so I don’t think this is the case here.

Didn’t think about that. But Lawrence is the It-girl that will win upon name on the ballot, à la Joy, Adams not so much.

ReplyCopy URL
    aahoto
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought of Lawrence when I read Vuitton’s post as well, but I agree with Vuitton that the test for Adams will be SAG. But then, she’ll have to contend with King at the Oscars, where a possible SAG win won’t be a sign for her as she won’t have been up against King at SAG. Right now King has the upper hand over Adams in BSA so a TV win would have been a lovely consolation prize for a very deserving performance by Adams.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 130 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.