When the Golden Globe nominations are unveiled at 5 a.m. PT Thursday morning, here’s what you can expect to see on the film list based upon my brazen snooping around the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and my own kudos expertise. Check out how my picks compare to those of 23 other experts making predictions at Gold Derby – also our Top 24 Users (best predictions last year), Top 24 All Stars (best predictions over the past few years) and all Users. Here are Gold Derby’s latest racetrack odds based upon a combination of all predictions.
Disagree? Make your own predictions here and see if you can best us!
UPDATED: 4 p.m. PT — I’ve revised some of my predictions posted below earlier today based upon more input from various sources.
BEST DRAMA PICTURE
“A Star is Born”
“If Beale Street Could Talk”
“Star Is Born,” “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “Black Panther” are locks. Don’t pay attention to the idiot film critics who bashed “Bohemian.” They started gunning for it even before they saw it. They’re wrong. Audiences know that (A+ Cinemascore; $540 million b.o. worldwide) and so do Globe voters. In fact, from what I hear, they’re wild for “Bohemian.”
- Tom O’Neil’s 100% accurate Golden Globes predictions (Can’t be wrong! Don’t argue with me!)
- Beware: the queen approaches! Here’s why Olivia Colman is a serious threat to grab the Oscar crown for Best Actress
- Watch clash of 3 Oscar prediction Experts: Glenn Whipp, Joyce Eng & Tom O’Neil [Video & Audio Podcast]
- Tom O’Neil explains why Mahershala Ali is suddenly the new Oscar frontrunner
- Netflix to debut ‘Roma’ in 100+ theaters concurrent with web release
- How will ‘First Man’ take off at the Oscars?
- Oscar Best Picture race: ‘Roma’ and ‘A Star Is Born’ are tied for lead with 7/1 odds
- He will rock you: Rami Malek (‘Bohemian Rhapsody’) breaks out as a leading Oscar rival for Best Actor
- Oscar predictions slugfest over Best Actor: Pete Hammond vs. Anne Thompson vs. Tom O’Neil [Video & Audio Podcast]
- Oscar category confusion bedevils ‘The Favourite’ stars: Should Olivia Colman go for lead race?
2A Star Is Born10/1
7Mary Poppins Returns37/1
8If Beale Street Could Talk11/1
- Updated on: 29 Nov 18, 00:01 am PT